Welcome to the Foundation Stage, the first steps of your child’s learning journey at the Abbey Catholic Primary School.
Every child deserves the best possible start in their education and through parental and teacher support they can fulfill their potential. The Reception year will lay the foundations to enable your child to become an independent and self-motivated learner throughout their whole school career.
The teaching staff are Mrs Small, Mrs Marks, Miss Spoerer and Mrs Hanlon. Mrs Small Is the EYFS Lead and Pastoral Lead.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 – Who am I?
- Topic 2 – Can Jesus be seen in me?
- Topic 3 – Who gives us food?
- Topic 4 – Who helps us on our journey?
- Topic 5 – Who cares for God’s garden?
- Topic 6 – Why do we need animals?
In the Foundation Stage there are seven areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
These areas of learning are taught through different topics during the school year.