Welcome to Year 6.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well rounded individuals who are well prepared for the forthcoming challenges of Secondary School.
Year 6 is a very important year as the children prepare for their end of Key Stage SATS. We also ensure that we offer children the opportunity to enjoy and experience a residential trip. This year, our Year 6 children are looking forward to a three-day residential to Alton Castle, where we will also be preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Our classrooms are a stimulating environment which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
The teaching staff are Mrs Hughes and Miss Reidy. The Pastoral Lead is Mrs Wilde.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 – Do my individual actions have a global impact?
- Topic 2 – Is war ever just?
- Topic 3 – Are natural resources a cure or a blessing?
- Topic 4 – Were early civilizations life changing or life threatening?
- Topic 5 – Does the economy always serve society?
- Topic 6 – Are all roles equal?
- Year 6 SATs Meeting Presentation – 18 Jan 2023