Parents are advised strongly to make sure that all of their children’s clothing is clearly marked with their child’s name. School cannot take responsibility for any items of clothing or personal possessions that are mislaid within school.
- Royal blue pullover/cardigan (available from our uniform stockists). Our uniform policy does not require children to wear ‘Abbey’ branded tops.
- Royal blue tie (available from school office and our uniform stockists)
- White shirt
- Grey trousers/grey knee length skirt
- Black ‘sensible’ shoes (not trainers or fashion shoes/boots)
- Black/grey/white socks/grey or black tights
Please note that a tie is part of the school uniform and must be worn by all pupils.
- Reception children need to wear an elastic tie.
- Years 1 to 6 can decide whether they wish to wear an elasticated, clip-on or traditional tie.
Optional Summer Term Uniform
- Grey knee length tailored shorts can be worn
- Light blue gingham summer dress can be worn
In all cases, black ‘sensible’ shoes should be worn as part of the school uniform – never trainers or girls fashion shoes or boots. This extends to footwear for playtime.
Forest School Kit
Reception need to have suitable waterproof trousers and jackets in school with wellies so that they can enjoy their Forest School sessions.
Forest School sessions will be timetabled throughout the year for other year bands and parents will be notified.
PE/Games for All Children
- Indoor PE: Royal blue polo shirt, black shorts and plain black pumps (the slip-on type in Reception). Our uniform policy does not require children to wear ‘Abbey’ branded tops.
- Outdoor PE: Reception children DO NOT need an outdoor PE kit.
Years 1 to 6 need a plain black or navy tracksuit for outdoor games. Labelled sports brands or ‘designer’ items of clothes are not allowed as part of school PE kit.
In the interests of hygiene all children are expected to change for PE/games lessons and PE/Games kits should be kept in a cloth bag and should remain in school during the week and taken home at holidays so that the kit can be washed.
Jewellery and Accessories
We follow strict Health and Safety guidelines regarding Jewellery and Accessories for children in school. We do not allow children to wear jewellery or accessories while they are in school as it is not in-keeping with the smart appearance of our school uniform.
The exceptions to this rule are that children may a simple watch.
Children are not allowed to wear earrings of any sort.
Necklaces, bracelets, anklets, bangles, bands and rings are not permitted in school.
There are certain things which are not considered appropriate or acceptable:
- Odd or unusual, severe, decorative or fashionable hairstyles/haircuts are not permitted.
- Jeans, trainers and boots should never be worn as part of the school uniform.
- Nail varnish or make up is not allowed.
- Mobile phones and electronic games/equipment are not allowed in school.
- Hair below collar length must be securely tied back. This is for both boys and girls.
- Hair should be tied back with a simple band or bobble. Fashion hair accessories are not suitable for school.
Children who fail to comply with such requirements and standards may be excluded from school. It is, therefore, very important that all parents ensure that children conform to the school’s standards and expectations.
Stockists who supply uniform with our school logo on: