Welcome to Year 5.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential as children of God.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well-rounded individuals, who are well prepared for the challenges of Year 6 and life.
Year 5 is a very exciting year for the children as they have the opportunity to visit Borreaton Park- a PGL residential centre. In the Autumn term, pupils are also able to work along side Adam from Roots to Fruits as we learn how to care for God’s wonderful creation in our allotment and polytunnel area.
Our classrooms are a stimulating environment, which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
The teaching staff are Mrs Gregory and Mr Wiltshire. The phase leader is Mrs Wilde.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 – Are roles within our community equally distributed?
- Topic 2 – How do communities adapt to circumstance?
- Topic 3 – Does humanity live well within the limits of nature?
- Topic 4 – Is influence a necessity for leadership?
- Topic 5 – Are we caretakers or owners?
- Topic 6 – Does social and economic balance affect the condition of the world?