Welcome to Year 6.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well rounded individuals who are well prepared for the forthcoming challenges of Secondary School.
Year 6 is a very important year as the children prepare for their end of Key Stage SATS. We also ensure that we offer children the opportunity to enjoy and experience a residential trip at a PGL location. The current Year 6 are looking forward to their upcoming trip to Boreaton Park, Shrewsbury!
Our classrooms are a stimulating environment which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
The teaching staff are Miss Haynes, Mrs Morgan, Mrs Marks and Mrs Dewell. The Phase Leader is Mr Crowhurst.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 - Do my individual actions have a global impact?
- Topic 2 - Is war ever just?
- Topic 3 - Are natural resources a cure or a blessing?
- Topic 4 - Does the economy always serve society?
- Topic 5 - Were early civilizations life changing or life threatening?
- Topic 6 - Are all roles equal?
Also see: Presentation from SATs Meeting - 15 January 2020