Welcome to Year 5.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential as children of God.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well rounded individuals, who are well prepared for the challenges of Year 6 and life.
Year 5 is a very special year for the children as they prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. A very important part of this preparation is a residential trip to Alton Castle, in Staffordshire, which combines adventurous activities along with a spiritual retreat where the children get the opportunity to explore their part in becoming Disciples of God.
Our classrooms are a stimulating environment, which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
The teaching staff are Miss Haynes and Mrs Hands. The phase leader is Mr Crowhurst.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 - Are roles within community equally distributed?
- Topic 2 - How do communities adapt to circumstance?
- Topic 3 - Is influence a necessity for leadership?
- Topic 4 - How can Christians live well within the limits of nature?
- Topic 5 - Are we caretakers or owners?
- Topic 6 - Does social and economic balance affect the condition of the world?