Welcome to Year 3.
We aim to provide a happy and secure learning environment where all children are encouraged to try their best in order to reach their full potential.
We ensure that the classrooms are an exciting and stimulating place to be which motivates and encourages children to work hard and achieve, whilst having fun.
Year 3 is a very special year for our children as they will prepare to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion. Our families work alongside us in the preparation for the Sacraments. Our celebrations of First Holy Communion are eagerly awaited each year by the whole school community and the Parish.
We hope that the children have an enjoyable time with us in Year 3 and are successful and happy in all that they do.
The teaching staff are Mrs Hughes, Mr Wiltshire and Mrs O'Grady. The phase leader is Mrs Wilde.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 - How do we know about history if it is not written down?
- Topic 2 - Does our culture influence our actions?
- Topic 3 - Are we scarring or cultivating the earth?
- Topic 4 - Who has God called us to be?
- Topic 5 - Do the actions of the past influence society today?
- Topic 6 - Does God's creation cause harm?