Welcome to Year 1, where the children are continuing their exciting learning journey and building on the foundations secured in Reception.
Year 1 is located in the outside classrooms which gives us the opportunity to begin the year with reception based activities, moving towards the more structured Year 1 curriculum as the children progress during the Autumn term.
We have a structured outside area and a wooden mezzanine platform in each classroom. This enables us to encourage more learning by free flow through a variety of activities both inside and outside the classroom.
Your child will be supported during this important year by Miss Davey, Miss Dickenson, Miss Williams and Mrs Barton. The phase leader is Mrs Howard.
Find out what we are learning in our topics throughout the year:
- Topic 1 - Where do I come from?
- Topic 2 - How and why do things change?
- Topic 3 - Where do we see God in the world?
- Topic 4 - Are humans called to love?
- Topic 5 - What unites our Kingdom?
- Topic 6 - Why are memories important?