The following websites are useful for further guidance and support:
- BBC WebWise - films and resources on staying safe online.
- CBBC Stay Safe - advice for children on online safety.
- Childnet International - for primary children.
- Childnet International - for teachers and professionals.
- Cloudwards - how to protect your kids online.
- Facebook Family Safety Centre - guides to Facebook settings.
- Internet Matters - a guide to help you through the many issues children can experience when using the internet.
- Internet Watch Foundation - the UK Hotline for reporting criminal online content.
- Parental Controls in Windows 10 - setting up accounts for your child.
- Report Online Terrorist Material (gov.uk) - report illegal terrorist information, pictures or videos you’ve found on the internet. Your report will be treated anonymously.
- ThinkUKnow - learning resource for children.
- UK Safer Internet Centre: Parental Controls - how to set up parental controls offered by your home ISP.
These documents are all in pdf format, and are here for you to read/download:
- How to set up Parental Controls on the Xbox 360 (Microsoft)
- How to set up Google Safe Search
- How to set up YouTube Safety Mode
- Keeping up with Children on the Internet (Childnet International)
- Online Gaming: An Introduction for Parents and Carers (Childnet International)
Parents' e-safety tips for children under 5.
Parents' e-safety tips for children from 6 to 10 years.
Parents' e-safety tips for children from 11 to 13 years.