Welcome to Year 6.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well rounded individuals who are well prepared for the forthcoming challenges of Secondary School.
Year 6 is a very important year as the children prepare for their end of Key Stage SATS. We also ensure that we offer children the opportunity to enjoy and experience a residential trip at a PGL location. The current Year 6 are looking forward to their upcoming trip to the Isle of Wight!
Our classrooms are a stimulating environment which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
The teaching staff are Miss Haynes and Mr Brine. The Phase Leader is Mrs Wilde.
For all our foundation subjects we will be following our Abbey Curriculum. For details of what your children will be researching, please click on the topic titles below:
- Termly Overview - Summer Term 2019
- Curriculum Topic - Autumn Term 1: Shakespeare
- Curriculum Topic - Autumn Term 2: The Time Tunnel
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 1: Out of Africa
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 2: Space Explorers
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 1: AD 900
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 2: Fairgrounds
Also see: Presentation from SATs Meeting - 16 January 2019
All documents above are pdf files.