Welcome to Year 1, where the children are continuing their exciting learning journey and building on the foundations secured in Reception.
Year 1 is located in the outside classrooms which gives us the opportunity to begin the year with reception based activities, moving towards the more structured Year 1 curriculum as the children progress during the Autumn term.
We have a structured outside area and a wooden mezzanine platform in each classroom. This enables us to encourage more learning by free flow through a variety of activities both inside and outside the classroom.
Your child will be supported during this important year by Mrs Hands, Mrs Morgan, Mrs Barton, Miss Williams and Mrs O'Grady. The phase leader is Mrs Howard.
For all our foundation subjects we will be following our Abbey Curriculum. For details of what your children will be researching, please click on the topic titles below:
- Termly Overview - Summer Term 2019
- Curriculum Topic - Autumn Term 1: Who am I?
- Curriculum Topic - Autumn Term 2: The Magic Toy Maker
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 1: Time Travellers
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 2: Our World
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 1: The Earth, Our Home
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 2: Hooray, Let's Go on Holiday
All documents above are pdf files.