Welcome to the Foundation Stage, the first steps of your child's learning journey at the Abbey Catholic Primary School.
Every child deserves the best possible start in their education and through parental and teacher support they can fulfill their potential. The Reception year will lay the foundations to enable your child to become an independent and self-motivated learner throughout their whole school career.
The Reception team is led by Mrs Small, Mrs Howard, Mrs Jinks and Mrs Hanlon. Mrs Howard is also the phase leader.
For all our foundation subjects we will be following our Abbey Curriculum. For details of what your children will be researching, please click on the topic titles below:
- Termly Overview - Spring Term 2019
- Curriculum Topic - Autumn Term: All About Me
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 1: Food
- Curriculum Topic - Spring Term 2: Transport
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 1: Plants and Flowers
- Curriculum Topic - Summer Term 2: Animals
All documents above are pdf files.
In the Foundation Stage there are seven areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
These areas of learning are taught through different topics during the school year.
Articulation of Phonemes.
This video has been produced to aid Reception parents with the phonic system in school.