The Governing Body's aim is to work closely with the Headteacher, the Deputy, and the staff, in order to help the children at the school achieve their full potential, in a happy, caring environment.
The key elements in achieving this aim are listed below:
- Monitoring the performance and progress of all the children at the school.
- Supporting the staff to teach and care for the children.
- In discussion with the Headteacher, ensuring that the resources of the school are best utilised.
- Forward planning with the Headteacher and Deputy to ensure that the overall performance of staff, children, and hence the school, continues to improve.
To enable the Governors to achieve these objectives, the Body is made up of key groups within the school, parents, staff, the Local Authority, the Church and the community. Some of the Governors are appointed by the Diocese, whilst others are elected. All serve for a term of three years.
The Body generally meets once a term; a number of sub-committees focus on finance, staffing, buildings, health and safety and the curriculum. Individual members of the Body focus on particular subjects, ie. numeracy, literacy, ICT, etc.
We welcome views from our parents and supporters, and hopefully this summary will give you a brief insight into the role of the Governing Body.
Mrs Tracey Smith
Chair of Governors
|Mrs Tracey Smith||Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor|
|Mr Simon Bragington||Foundation Governor|
|Ms Antonia Frain||Foundation Governor|
|Mr Justin Grey||Foundation Governor|
|Fr Gabriel Maguire||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Elaine Martin||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Lynne O’Rourke||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Dawn Richards||Foundation Governor|
|Mr Justin Gray||Foundation Governor|
|Mr Gareth Moore||Local Authority Governor|
|Ms Julie-Anne Tallon||Headteacher|
|Mrs Michelle Morgan||Staff Governor|
|Mrs Clare Wilde||Co-opted Governor|
|Mrs Jackie McCorriston||Clerk to the Governors|
- Governor Committees and Interests - from July 2016 (pdf)
- Governor Meeting Attendance - 2016/17 (pdf)
- Annual Governance Statement (pdf)
- Strategic Plan - draft February 2016 (pdf)
If you would like to contact the Governing Body, please send a letter marked for the attention of the Chair of Governors to the school address.